Frequently Asked Questions
What is ReStore?
Black Hills Habitat for Humanity ReStore Outlet is one of 100’s located in the U.S.. Through donations from businesses and individuals, Habitat ReStore diverts large amounts of reusable materials from landfills and provides materials to the public at low prices.
Is ReStore open to the public?
Yes! Anyone is welcome to shop at Habitat ReStore.
Store hours are 9-5 Monday through Saturday, Closed Sunday.
What does Habitat ReStore sell?
Items for the home may consist of but are not limited to: cabinets, lighting and plumbing fixtures, hardware, furniture, roofing, carpet, tools, trim, doors, lumber, flooring, and windows. Check back often, our inventory changes frequently!
How are the items priced at Habitat ReStore?
Materials are sold to the public at 50 – 75% off the retail price.
Where do items come from?
Habitat ReStore accepts new and used building-related materials from contractors, suppliers, individuals, remodelers and property managers.
How often do you get new merchandise?
Our inventory changes often – we are receiving new items daily.
What donations CAN Habitat ReStore accept?
• Cabinets, up-to-date and not damaged
• Plumbing, usable fixtures, parts and supplies
• Electrical, usable fixtures, parts and supplies
• Windows, insulated glass, no broken glass, no sashes accepted
• Hardware, knobs, hinges, locks, nails, cabinet pulls, nuts, bolts, screws
• Lumber, at least 3’ in length
• Doors; interior & exterior
• Roofing, no scrap materials please!
• Carpet, no stains or odors
• Tools, hand, garden, working power
• Flooring, wood, ceramic tile, vinyl
• Millwork/trim, wood casing and base, vinyl base, ceramic
• Miscellaneous, masonry, sheathing, siding, drywall supplies
• Furniture, not broken, stained or odors
• Appliances, stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwashers etc.
Habitat ReStore CANNOT accept:
• Chemicals (cleaning solvents)
• Household items
• Mattresses or bedding
• Small electrical appliances and TV’s
• Window treatments
• Glass not in frames
How do I go about donating an item?
If you have good, reusable or new materials, give us a call at (605)791-1880. E-mail at email@example.com.
Will you pick items up?
We do pick-up for items that are to large to fit into a standard vehicle. Call us at
(605) 791-1880 to schedule a pick-up or click here to email us a request for a pick-up.
Where do the proceeds from the sales go?
Proceeds from Habitat ReStore sales support Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity.
Are my donations Tax deductible?
Your donation may be tax deductible, depending on your individual situation; however, we will provide everyone with a tax receipt.
Does Habitat ReStore place a value on the items we donate?
No, you place the value on your donations with the help of your tax professional.
How can my business get involved?
There are many ways local businesses can contribute: financial donations, equipment donations, sponsor a special event for Habitat ReStore, place an ad for or with Habitat ReStore, volunteer at Habitat ReStore, donate materials to Habitat ReStore, or shop at Habitat ReStore.
How can I help?
Habitat ReStore is always looking for volunteers to help with stocking shelves, picking up donations, and general store upkeep. Please check the volunteers section of our site. Thank you!